Monday, May 23, 2016

setting in a narrative


Walt: describe a setting in a story

Greenery as far as my eyes can see.  All of a sudden, I stumble across a tiny house nestled in the base of a gigantic oak tree.  It looks creepy and seems lifeless like an abandoned home.   A dim light shines upon the path that leads to a door frame, wrapped in ivy.  Although my heart is racing, I wonder who is inside.   Darkness surrounds the tree house with olive green colours laying on the forest floor.  I stare in amazement at the tree roots that wrap their arms around each down the side of the trunk and glide outwards towards a swamp.  A selection of  flat river stones are placed higgeldy piggeldy up to the front door from a rickety old bridge.  I feel so curious.  Who lives there?  My curiosity beats me, so I slowly creep over the squeaking bridge and tip toe carefully on each river stone to the front door.  Lifting my hand, I take a deep breath and …..Knock!

Success criteria
  • Similes
  • Metaphor
  • Personification
  • Simple, compound and complex sentences


No comments:

Post a Comment